Saturday, July 16, 2005

Why network?

I have certain exotic talents and connections, so I usually have no trouble connecting with any member of the cultural, media or corporate elite. But I'm not special or smarter than anyone else. It just so happens that I was lucky to find my strengths and what makes me unique.

I think everybody is unique in some way, although many people are not aware of that. They are LUCKY in at least one way, but they DO NOT leverage that luckiness.

This is why it's so important to network and meet new people. As I found out myself, what happens is that you rapidly realize how unique you are, by seeing other people's weaknesses and challenges. (On the other hand, you also realize your own weaknesses, by witnessing other people's natural strengths.)

In other words, the more you network, the more you begin to discover how unique you are.

This, eventually, enables you to find your unique place in the world.

I believe there is a unique place in the world for each human being, but it can only be reached after courageous and fearless exploration. You simply CAN'T get to that special place by sitting on the couch and watching TV.

You've got to go out there and meet people and do things. You've got to give life a chance to have an impact on you.