Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A beautiful girl stopped me and got me started

This is a true story, I swear.

I was walking in downtown when a beautiful girl stopped me and, extending her arm, she showed me a condom in a bright-colored packet. With a big smile, she then asked me: "Would you like to use one of these?"

I just couldn't believe it! As a gentleman, I'm always ready and willing to help a lady in distress, so I was mentally formulating the question I was about to ask her: "Absolutely, where would you like to go?"

But before I could utter that question, she went on to say that it was International AIDS Day and that they were promoting safe sex, and so on and so forth. (Anyways, by the time I understood what was going on, I was no longer in the mood! Ah, destiny is so cruel!)

Moral of this (absolutely true) story: Sometimes, what looks like an opportunity actually isn't an opportunity.

(This posting has nothing to do with LinkedIn. I just thought I'd entertain my loyal readers!)