Friday, July 22, 2005

The real Da Vinci Code

There's a lot of talk about the Da Vinci Code, and I think the movie is coming out soon.

To tell you the truth, I think I might be among the very few lucky who knows the REAL Da Vinci Code: the code by which Leonardo Da Vinci lived by, his whole life.

* SECRET / CONFIDENTIAL / FOR YOUR EYES ONLY *

Somebody who belongs to the same secret society I belong to, once gave me a sheep-skin parchment on which, apparently, Leonardo Da Vinci wrote something.

At the time, I asked her why she gave me such an important document. As she stood up and walked away from my bed, she mysteriously said: "Because you amaze me."

In any case, in that parchment, Leonardo recounted the story of how somebody once asked him what his greatest achievement was. He thought about it for a while, then said:

"Leonardo Da Vinci."

And that, my friends, is the REAL story about Leonardo Da Vinci!

There's no mystery after all about Da Vinci's life, because that single reply he once uttered, says it all!

Leonard Da Vinci was a great man, perhaps the only true Renaissance Man of his time and of all time, simply because he considered HIMSELF to be his ultimate work of art.

Given his gentle nature and compassionate disposition, he did not say this in an arrogant way or to raise himself above other men.

He simply meant that to work on improving oneself, like as if one were mere clay in the hands of God, is probably the best way to spend one's life.

Indeed, during his entire life, he worked tirelessly to improve the way his brain worked, the way his senses captured physical reality, and the way to facilitate the blossoming of his genius in art, science and engineering.

Note: the reader has guessed by now, no doubt, that I inject autographical fiction into my writing for literary effect. My life is, alas, not that exciting!