Saturday, August 06, 2005

Should LinkedIn have country managers?

Idea: If LinkedIn appointed a country manager for each country, that person could act as a champion of social networking and help his/her country to multiply socioprofessional connections that help everyone while boosting the country's GDP.

---

I think it would be great if LinkedIn somehow appointed or recruited people to be Country Managers, to serve as advocates who would encourage people from their own country to get "linked in."

Over the years, I've built a network of over 100 people in Canada yet not one of them invited me to LinkedIn. Why? They did not know LinkedIn existed.

It was an American friend of mine who invited me.

I really believe that with country managers (for Canada, France, European countries, or any English-speaking country), LinkedIn can get more members while members can benefit from getting connected to interesting people from other cultures.

LINKEDIN / MACROECONOMIC IMPACT