Saturday, August 06, 2005

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus

Personally, I'm not quite sure which planet I'm on exactly!

But it does seem that the new economy will somehow favor women and the qualities we traditionally associate with femininity: building relationships, verbalizing one's feelings, making sure everyone on the team feels "okay" about a decision, nurturing, etc.

Actually, the more I think about the qualities required to succeed in the new economy, the more I feel like a male dinosaur about to collapse any time now.

Fortunately, since I'm smarter than most males (or at least, that's what I vigorously claim to be, and my mother will back me up on this one), I have partnered with my sister Zoonie and have launched a business while closely observing her use of language and how she kindly treats people.